• Creative freedom: You decide which needs to simulate with NEEDSIM Life simulation.
• One world, many species: Goblins have different needs than humans.
• Design how often agents have to satisfy a need: Make thirst decay fast, but comfort decay slowly in a hot vacation paradise.
• Interactions can satisfy or decay multiple needs at different rates: Watching TV might satisfy the entertainment need, but give characters an appetite for snacks.
• Objects have slots that agents can go to when interacting with them: Make a double bed out of a single bed by adding a slot.
• Freely drag and drop slots around in the scene to decide where characters will have to be when running the interaction.
• Add a slot to an agent and other agents can run interactions there, for example allowing a fox to eat a bunny.
• Slot allocation: A smart system takes care of distributing available slots to agents.
• Multiple databases for different scenes can be managed. In one scene people might dance and drink in a club, in the next one people could have needs related to working in an office.
• Chose whether agents focus on their goals or whether they focus on the utility provided by the available interactions.
• Based on innovative research presented at the Foundations of Digital Games Conference and the Vienna Game AI Conference.
• Innovative AFFORDANCE TREE technology can be used by programmers to manage computational complexity in large worlds with many different interactions – the NEEDSIM Life simulation can scale to your needs.
• Seven example scenes with various scripts and assets, such as beautiful spritesheets and animations for wildlife.
• Manage needs, species, interactions and databases in the editor extension released with the NEEDSIM Life simulation for Unity.
• Debug information: Understand agent state and slot state with our debug information, visible in play mode.
Please be aware that we do not offer a navigation or animation solution. However, our examples provide ideas on how to work with the Unity NavMesh and Mecanim.